Search For Treasures

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Help Me: I'm Technologically Illiterate!

Now, many would think that, as I am twenty years old and living in the computer age, that I would know the ins and outs of computers and be able to do anything with one. This is, unfortunately, not the case. It is only by the grace of God that I'm even able to use the basics of Blogger.

Now, as I am an aspiring cartoonist, I would like to post my attempts with using construction and other drawings. However, I don't know how to use the scanner. Now, I could probably learn to use the scanner part, but I need to know how to upload all of that stuff I want to upload, like my construction drawings and my collection of comics.

Next, I need to know which program allows you to overlap the original source of a drawing and a person's copy. Also, how do oyu upload film clips and film snaps? I ask for the help of my friends on Blogger (Joe Bloke? Fellow cartoonists?)

Just leave me a comment and that will help.

1 comment:

chrisallison said...

Hey Weirdo,

Working a scanner is as easy as turning it on, opening the lid, putting something to scan, closing the lid. Most scanners come with software that they scan into, so depending on that software I can't be of much help. Most artists scan into their legal/illegal copies of Adobe Photoshop. Great software, you should get it. File>Import>Your Scanner is how you scan in Photoshop.

As for animation, how are you going to be making it? Uploading the file is easy once you have it, but making it is the hard part. Tons of animators use Adobe Flash to make animation. If you're doing stuff on pencil and paper, there are free pencil test software out there like Monkey Jam. Check into that if you're going the old school pencil paper route (which I did for years and I can't really recommend... it's just unnecessary).

Oh, also, Adobe was giving out free trials of their software for years. I'm not sure if they still do it. You might be able to download a 30 day trial of Adobe Flash on their website. Check it out.

Let's see some drawerings!